Sunday, January 12, 2014

getting ready...

I am always pumped up for the beginning of a 30 day challenge.  Tomorrow begins my Yoga & Meditation 30 day challenge.  I will start each day with 5 minutes of meditation before I start my day and yoga practice every day.  Some days will be more, some less, but at least 10 minutes.



Today I began by doing a Free Guided Meditation to give me some pointers.  Let me tell you...meditation is not as easy as one may think.  It is hard to keep focused on the breath.  Hopefully practicing each day will lead to easier thought focus.  I also did a great yoga practice today.  The Share the Love practice was free as well.  I actually got up into full wheel today.  I loved how this practice opened up the heart, the chest and stretched the neck.  For my daily yoga practice for the challenge, I signed up for The Do You Yoga 30 Day Challenge.  It is free as well.  They email you a daily practice for 30 days.  I can't wait to begin and see what this challenge is like.



I also got my 10 year old daughter Anna and I signed up for the Graffiti Run today.  They are having a special deal right now.  The cost is $35 per runner, but if you use the code FB50, it is 1/2 off.  That made our total cost for 2 runners $39.50.  Amazing deal!  It will be her first race and I cannot wait to do it!  She struggles with anxiety and ADD and I know from personal experience how much running can change your life with these disorders....so I hope she falls in love with running.  We shall see...


No comments:

Post a Comment