Friday, February 7, 2014

valentines day banner & some Goodwill love

I do not typically decorate for every holiday, but the kids and I have a severe case of the winter blahs around here.  Crafting entertains us and I love hanging out at the table seeing what they come up with.....today was one of those "we don't want to do this days" for the kids.  They sat at the table and whined and eventually left me alone while they went to play some Minecraft.

Here is my LOVE banner I made for the mantel.  Made from scrapbook paper, a crocheted chain of yarn and stencils.  I love how it turned out.



So I made a banner for my newly decorated mantel.  I always end up leaving my mantel the exact same, year after year and last week I just got tired of it.  So a redo was in order.....

I got the swirly sconces at Goodwill ($0.99 each) and I have yellow glass tulip candle holders on them instead of candles.  I got those at Goodwill as well ($1.99 for the set).  The greenery was upstairs, the family pic is a picture from our family vacation a couple of years ago.  I had it printed as an 8X10 from Shutterfly for $1.25.  The PITCOCK name plate is a hand crafted wedding gift that I love.  The clock is from a "take it....FREE" pile.  The lantern is from Michaels and I used my 40% off coupon to get it for $8.99.  The bench is my Stool Redo stool and the basket beside the fireplace holds the dog's belongings and it is from Goodwill (2.99) as well.  The rest was laying around the house and finished off with pictures of my kiddos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment